16 New Occupations Now Eligible for Permanent Residence under Express EntryNovember 17, 2022
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022, The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), announced the implementation of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 for Immigration programs managed under the Express Entry system.
The NOC is the national reference for occupations in Canada. It provides a systematic classification structure that categorizes the entire range of occupational activity in Canada. IRCC uses the NOC to determine and assess the occupational eligibility criteria under its temporary and permanent residency programs.
With the implementation of the 2021 NOC, foreign nationals with work experience in the following sixteen (16) occupations are now eligible to apply through Express Entry:
- payroll administrators
- dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- sheriffs and bailiffs
- correctional service officers
- by-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- residential and commercial installers and servicers
- pest controllers and fumigators
- other repairers and servicers
- transport truck drivers
- bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- heavy equipment operators
- aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
By making these occupations eligible under Express Entry, the Government of Canada is working to welcome newcomers who bring the skills the Canadian economy needs to help address acute labour shortages across the country.
If you have work experience in any of these occupations and would like to have your eligibility to immigrate to Canada assessed or reassessed by Abrams & Krochak, please visit https://www.akcanada.com/assessment1.php and you will receive your eligibility assessment, via e-mail, within one (1) business day.