In Ontario, employers wishing to employ foreign live-in caregivers are currently not required to advertise as there is no need to demonstrate to HRSDC that the employer is unable to find a suitable employee from within Canada before submitting the application to HRSDC. Once the signed offer of employment with a signature of acceptance from the employee is obtained, the application can be submitted to HRSDC for review. Once the offer of employment is confirmed by HRSDC, the foreign live-in caregiver may apply for a work permit at the visa office responsible for his/her country of citizenship. After working in Canada for two years as a live-in caregiver, an application for permanent residence can be submitted from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Immigrating to Canada? Visit www.akcanada.com for more information or a free assessment.