There has been much confusion regarding the points allocated for a skilled worker applicant with an Associate’s Degree as opposed to a Bachelor’s Degree when applying for immigration to Canada. If the Associate’s Degree is issued by a community college which offers no higher level of degree in that discipline, then a two year Associate’s Degree will receive twenty points. If, however, the Associate’s Degree is issued by a university which offers a Bachelor’s Degree in the same discipline when another year or two of study is completed, then that Associate’s Degree is considered an incomplete degree by the Canadian Immigration process and will not receive twenty points.

Immigrating to Canada? Visit www.akcanada.com for more information or a free assessment.