CANADA IMMIGRATION : FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Set out, below, is a list of commonly asked questions that Abrams & Krochak receives on a daily basis from existing and potential clients around the world as well as the answers to those questions, which may prove useful to you. The questions are grouped together according to their nature.
A. Communication With Abrams & Krochak1. When can I expect to receive a response to my communication from Abrams & Krochak?
2. Why does Abrams & Krochak insist upon e-mail communication?
3. Why have I received an e-mail from a legal assistant?
B. Permanent Status In Canada1. What is permanent residence in Canada?
2. What benefits do I have if I am a permanent resident of Canada?
3. Once I am a permanent resident of Canada, do I have to stay in Canada?
4. How can I become a permanent resident of Canada?
5. How can I become a citizen of Canada?
C. Temporary Status in Canada1. I would like to obtain a Work Permit. Can you help me?
2. I would like to obtain a Study Permit. Can you help me?
3. I would like to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa. Can you help me?
D. Determining Eligibility For Permanent Status In Canada - Abrams & Krochak's Free Online Assessment1. How can I determine if I am eligible to become a permanent resident of Canada/to sponsor a family member to become a permanent resident of Canada?
2. I have not received your assessment of my qualifications for Immigration to Canada. When can I expect to receive it?
3. I completed your Online Eligibility Assessment Questionnaire and got a response within minutes! Your Questionnaire MUST be automated. I would appreciate it if a lawyer reviewed my qualifications.
4. Can I send you my curriculum vitae/résumé to assess?
E. Questions Related To Free Online Assessment1. I have questions related to your assessment of my qualifications for Immigration to Canada. I wish to telephone your firm. May I do so?
2. I will be in Toronto next month and would like to schedule an appointment to meet with Mr. Abrams to discuss his assessment of my qualifications for Immigration to Canada. May I do so?
3. Can you tell me what documents I need to file in support of my Application for Permanent Residence before I become your client? I want to make sure I have them all.
4. Do you have a branch office in my country?
5. Do you have a representative or agent in my country whom I can contact?
6. Why do I need to use your services? Why can I not apply for Permanent Residence in Canada on my own?
7. Are you Immigration Consultants?
8. If I use your services, how quickly does your firm work?
9. How do I know that your law firm is authorized to represent me?
10. Are you sure that I qualify?
F. Retaining Abrams & Krochak's Services1. I would like to retain/engage your services. How do I do so?
2. I would like to retain your services but not until next year sometime. May I do so?
3. Can I pay your legal fees once I receive Permanent Residence and arrive in Canada?
4. I would like to wire transfer my legal fees to your trust account. What is your banking information/SWIFT code/IBAN number
5. My courier company told me that my shipment would arrive at your office, today. Why have you not acknowledged receipt of my signed documents and initial payment?
G. Application Process1. Where do I apply for Permanent Residence in Canada?
2. How long does the Application process take?
3. What are my chances of interview waiver?
4. I was born in Mauritius (a bilingual country) and I am fluent in English and French. Do I have to undergo language testing?
5. Does my spouse have to attend the interview?
6. I would like to include my parents on my Application for Permanent Residence in Canada as accompanying dependants. May I do so?
7. I would like to include my children on my Application for Permanent Residence in Canada as accompanying dependants. They are both over twenty-two (22) years of age. May I do so?
8. I do not want to arrive in Canada for several years. Can you arrange that?
9. Can I visit Canada while my Application for Permanent Residence is in process?
10. Aside from your legal fees, are there any other fees that I must pay?
11. Do I have to bring any money with me to Canada?
H. Miscellaneous Questions1. I have already applied for and received Permanent Residence in Canada on my own. Can you assist me to find a job and accommodation in Canada?
2. Can your firm assist me to apply for Canadian Citizenship?
3. Can you help me to immigrate to the United States?
4. I applied for Permanent Residence in Canada on my own but I am having difficulties, dealing with the Embassy. Can your firm assist me?
5. I do not need a lawyer's assistance; however, I need some advice, regarding my immigration plans.Do you offer consultations?
6. I would like to be your agent in my country. Please send me your agency agreement.
7. Can you provide me with legal advice specific to my case?
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTION(S) THAT IS/ARE NOT ADDRESSED BY THIS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INQUIRY ONLINE AT https://www.akcanada.com/contact.cfm AND A MEMBER OF OUR STAFF WILL RESPOND TO YOU WITHIN ONE (1) BUSINESS DAY.